Hello again!
I'm just wrapping up a nice weekend. On Friday I had a very easy teaching day. So easy that I was able to participate in a live fantasy hockey pool draft with some Young Life friends. It was really fun! I was able to chat with them and pick my hockey team. Unfortunately, I had 10th pick out of 11...not cool. Plus, I'm the only girl so I have my work cut out to not be embarrassed.
On Saturday Katy and I finally went to visit our friend Andrea at her place. She is a 20 minute bus ride away, but now we at least know where she is! We then watched Grey's Anatomy downloaded from the internet as we can't watch it live over here!
Today we got ahold of Tanya and Melissa who are teaching north of Seoul. They went to redeemer and worked there while we were students. It was so nice to chat with them and compare stories! They teach at a hogewan, or after-school English school.
We had some Starbucks and then a bbq. BBQ's, for those who don't know is a kind of restaurant that has a grill right on you table. You just order the kind of meat you want and they bring it out raw and in big hunks. As it cooks, you have tongs to turn it over and scissors to cut the slabs of meat into smaller pieces. They also bring out side dishes of small salads and kimchi. You eat the pieces of meat in a lettuce leaf with fried onions and a type of sauce. YUMMY!
Hope everyone has a good Sunday and a great start to their week. Love you!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a good weekend again. Glad you are able to connect with friends and share experiences. Sounds like the food issue is getting better :) We wish you a good (short)week.
Love Mom & Dad
Hey Karen,
I wrote you a note on Sunday and of course, lost it all somehow.
Now it is Tues. night; it's getting dark pretty early now. The clocks don't go back until NOv.3. How about by you? Is there a "spring ahead, fall back" too?
We have had 5 weekends of incredible weather and finally last night some wonderful rain. We are looking forward to the Rockton fair this comiing long w/e.
Hockey starts this week- go Leafs go (again!- we hope- again!)
Sounds like the food is getting better for you, well maybe not the seaweed stuff, but the restaurant food is. That is good to hear.
Love you girl. Take care,
aunt annette, uncle rob steph and mike too and jodi too
Hi Karen. Nice to hear that things are going well and that you have had a chance to connect with your friends. Here things are well. Uncle Andrew's parents are now living with us as they have sold their house and are hoping to get a condo at Holland Homes. They will be here until Nov. sometime, and then it's off to the Orlando to volunteer with Wycliff until spring. We are enjoying their company, and the help they offer is nice! I ran a half marathon last Sunday, and had a personal best time with 2:13. That's just under 6 minutes better than last year. Woo Hoo. We are looking forward to going to Brockville for Thanksgiving this weekend. I'll gladly eat an extra piece of turky for you. We will miss you at the table, but we will also give thanks that you are doing well, and have this wonderful opportunity. Thinking of you often, and sending you my love and prayers.
Aunt Jennifer
Post a Comment